"Looking Back exhibits a mix of art styles. It gives an impression of psychedelia and art nouveau. The scene is serene but playful and the floral elements evokes a feeling of happiness yet a mystery of what lies beyond the psychedelic forest. The dog in the painting seems uncertain to push through with exploring the forest while its owner is determined to explore the environment. The painting is a playful and happy mystery."
- Ariel Villalobos
, drybrush Gallery Artist “Looking Back incorporates the styles of realism in portraying the human figures in the painting but incorporates aspects of fantasy infused with nature. The bright colors liven up the setting and the details of the patterns in the background add an element of fantasy. James’ artwork also expresses the artist’s talent in his use of color. He uses contrasting colors in the bamboo with various designs creating an energetic combination. Despite that, there is a sense of harmony within the bamboo that creates a dreamlike setting for the artwork.”
- Mariel Yulo, drybrush Gallery Curator“At first glance, this painting entitled “Looking Back (L-Bamboo)” is unique among the other works of Sanorjo Jr. The painting was made outside the artist’s comfort zone, unraveling his studio skills in realism while venturing away from the usual Modern Filipino theme. However, his playful textures are still present in the flowers and foliages coloring the silhouette of the bamboos.”
- Sara Martinez, drybrush Gallery Store Manager
- FRAMED and ships FREE anywhere in the Philippines.
- With Certificate of Authenticity
- Actual frame may vary from room mock ups.
- Installment /deferred payment options available.
- Viewing maybe arranged.
- You may use our chat feature on this site or email [email protected]